Monday, May 2, 2011

Who is Realistic?

I hate myself for jumping from FOREX to self -introspection topic for this week but could not resist my emotions on my self awareness.I have been reading couple of books (The Corner Office, Ahead of the Curve etc..) and so far very impressed with some of the key facts and real-life instances expressed by the authors. The facts have made me to think more critically about myself. I am not very sure if it helps in the long run but for now bringing the much needed clarity in my goals and aspirations.

The very fact that most of the successful people have gone through a reality test early in their life leads to a little delusion about success in the later half of the life. I thought that i have gone through the phase of reality-test in my life when i was a young boy - yes, the world was not easy then for me. The very feeling of looking at my parents struggle to feed me and put me in a school was draining ,the feeling of being deserted among the rich friends in school and the embarrassment of poorness in the face were all the good reasons for me to strive for success in every aspect of life. Now, after establishing myself in a very respectable position with the memories waning, the reality check is again questioned.

The book along with one of the articles i read lately brought me back the memories live in my mind and gave the energy to understand and correct myself where needed. I would like to list out some of my observations which could be of great use to many who are sharing similar mindset.

Battle-Hardened confidence: Fight for it guys!! Nothing comes easy and Nothing even stays if you don't fight for it.

Delusion of Success: Stay away from it.

Publicly Critical: Stop lamenting about your success and how smart you are.

Accept Failures: Winning always is not an option.


All said, i am going to grab a coffee and start working!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment